Don’t use host for diagnostics.  It really is the wrong tool. If you want to
see the
delegation make non-recursive queries.

dig a ns1.fish.hub @localhost +norec
dig ns fish.hub @localhost +norec

When you make recursive queries, named follows the records in the zone and
returns the
answers from the referenced servers.  Compare the above with the recursive
queries below.

dig a ns1.fish.hub @localhost
dig ns fish.hub @localhost

Mark