Hello Bind Community,

Im trying to resolve sub-subdomain without making each level as separate
zone file.

I have domain.my (name of domain changed) in main zone (the host I serve it
from is ns.domain.my) - this works fine, I delegated sub domain my.domain.my
by adding:

my.domain.my IN NS ns.domain.my; I added this zone to config file and
created zone file for it. - this also works fine

I can without any issues add subdomain to my.domain.my in my.domain.my zone
file.

I would like to resolve sub-subdomain like: this.is.also.my.domain.my from
same my.domain.my zone file.
from my understanding I could add wildcard: "*.is.also.my.domain.my. IN A
ip.addr" record (and handle it later on server), or by adding "
this.is.also.my.domain.my. IN A ip.add" record.
Both don't work sadly.

I also tested "is.also.my.domain.my. A ip.address" which also dont work -
so it looks like im missing something.

Was this feature disable/removed from bind9 or I forgot to set something in
my config file?

I'm using bind9 9.11.5