From: bind-users <bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org> On Behalf Of Ondrej Surý
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 4:40 PM
To: BIND Users Mailing List <bind-users@lists.isc.org>
Subject: fixed rrset ordering - is this still a thing?

EXTERNAL

Hey,

BIND 9 supports a fixed rrset ordering (that is keeping the order of the RRSets
from the zone file). It has to be configured at the compile time, it takes more
memory (to record that order) and it's a #ifdef all over the places.

So, henceforth, my question - does anyone still uses that? And if yes, what are
the use cases?

I think BIND is the only server that actually supports this, so it doesn't feel
like the DNS can't function without it.

Thanks,
Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ond...@isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel
obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.