Looking in my logs today, I found a confusing line:

    validating cran.rproject.org/SOA: bad cache hit (rproject.org/DS)

I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my cache, and how BIND might be able to determine that a cache hit is bad. To do that, it would need to retrieve the current value and compare it to the value in cache . . and by the time it has done that, why has it bothered to consult the cache?

But now I think I may have mis-parsed the line. Maybe it isn't:

    bad cache-hit (i.e. Something was wrong with the cached value)

but is instead:

    bad-cache hit (i.e. We found what we wanted in the cache of bad entries)

Can anyone confirm my hypothesis?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
john.thurs...@alaska.gov
Department of Administration