Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce the 2024 edition of the "Few-shot Bioacoustic
Event Detection" DCASE challenge is now launched! New datasets, new
baseline system, and more:
https://dcase.community/challenge2024/task-few-shot-bioacoustic-event-detection

Among other things, we've explicitly permitted the use of some specific pre-trained networks (they're named in a table on the webpage). The baseline system is new open-source code that you can build upon, derived from a strongly-performing system from the previous edition.

Please encourage students and other contacts to participate. Looking forward to seeing what happens this year!

Best
Dan Stowell, on behalf of the organising team
--
Dan Stowell http://www.mcld.co.uk/research/
Associate Professor of AI & Biodiversity