Hi Greg

Sounds familiar... I know you're not a novice at this, and we're on
many of the same lists, so I know you get around. And I don't want to
suggest that you change the system you've developed.

But (you knew that was coming, eh? - LOL!) there are a couple of
things that still don't add up for me. I imagine your machine's as
fast and capable as mine is, more or less - probably not much in it.
Your HD is 20Gb, mine's 40Gb, but it doesn't make any difference, my
disk is still three-quarters empty - it says "8.50 Gb on disk for
73,519 items", very many of which contain many more items, I've no
idea how many altogether. Apart from mailing lists, other
correspondence and the databases I mentioned, there's also a rather
large website, with its own large set of info databases, and
correspondence, and yet another such for Journey to Forever itself
(the project rather than the website). And a whole bunch of other
stuff, including a digital library with a couple of thousand books
(and sort-of books) in it, plus a lot of journalism stuff. I get
600-800 emails a day, a lot of that being feedback for Journey to
Forever, which needs response and proper management. But I never
delete anything. Do you really need to save space? Do you have a good
full-text search program?

Best wishes

Keith