Hi Irv

Thanks for the explanation, no problem, it just had me puzzled. It's
a bit tickling though that you said it was me who should check his
facts! Never mind, all is forgiven.

>My apologies.
>There was a piece circulated to the jewish communities groups
>proclaiming the british had removed "The study of the Hoocaust" from
>the school corriculum and that action was hailed as a new or
>continued rise of antisemitism,  the author of the piece I sent you
>called it a lie and as explained was the result of one teacher that
>did the removal for his particular class study.
> In the "biofuel..." at the same time, this debate on the holocaust
>whether Jewish, German, Russian, czech, Moslem etc also surfaced,
>led by those  who opposed resettling of the european jews in the
>middle east

I don't think they did that exactly.

>and tie the ills of that region to the jews and not to oil
>exploitation and the rise of nationalism.

Make it "as well as" rather than "not to". See eg.:
http://www.tompaine.com/articles/oil_and_israel.php
Oil and Israel
Bob Dreyfuss , The Dreyfuss Report
May 25, 2004

Also I don't think anyone has taken issue with the Jews, or at least
I hope not. With colonial Zionism yes, and with the "Israel lobby"
indeed, but growing numbers of Jews worldwide also take issue with
that, including rabbis and many Israelis.

You might read this previous post from a while back, in response to a
list member who started calling people Nazis:
http://snipurl.com/pg9x
Re: [biofuel] Re: Oil and Israel

I think what's been going on here this time round is rejection, or at
least questioning, of the idea that Israel can do no wrong because of
the Holocaust. Question Israel and you'll be smeared and labelled an
anti-Semite, what nonsense. Very dangerous nonsense! Which Holocaust
is that, the Palestinian Holocaust?

Bob Dreyfuss says: "The two unmentionables about Iraq are suddenly
getting mentioned. The real reasons for the attack on Iraq had
nothing to do with WMDs, that ultimate red herring. The real reasons:
oil and Israel."

If Israel is unmentionable it's not possible to make much sense of
what's going on in the Middle East, especially now, nor of energy
politics in general. Hence this ongoing discussion here, and why as
list owner I certainly won't put a stop to it, as some have demanded.
After all it's me who started it, two years ago.

The anti-Semite smear is often such a knee-jerk reaction anyway,
without any thought to it. Since Bob posted Michael Santomauro's 29
questions about the Holocaust (which did not deny that it happened)
several list members have unsubscribed, sending me furious emails
saying things like "I am not interested in having Holocaust deniers
emails showing up in my inbox" and so on - they didn't even read it,
there hasn't been any Holocaust denial. We're well rid of them, IMHO,
this is not the place for knee-jerk reactions.

How about this one? "I don't think any of the holocaust survivors and
their families would appreciate the fact that their suffering is
being discussed on a forum that is dedicated to biofuel...or any
other forum that involves the words gas, organic and/or alternative
fuel, fertilizer, etc."

Huh? That has to take the prize for missing the point. But if you
disagree then you don't care about the victims or you hate Jews or
something. Nuts.

Holocausts are two a penny these days, we haven't even mentioned most
of them yet.

If we're talking of millions killed for no good reason, Iraq is a
holocaust, Vietnam was another one, US military adventurism has
claimed at least 8 million lives since WW2.

This mainly to serve the interests of Big Business, neo-liberal
economics, global corporatism.

The much-hailed Green Revolution killed millions of people, and still is.

Just to name one, the weedkiller paraquat kills at least 100,000 a
year, with many more dying of chronic poisoning, for about 30 years
now - 3 million. Bhopal (150,000, ongoing) was not an exception, it's
the rule, business as usual.

More than 5 million children die of hunger every year, in this world
where there's more than enough for everyone. About 25,000 people die
every day of hunger. Nearly 3 billion people live in hopeless,
grinding poverty, through no fault of their own.

And so on.

We're living amid an ongoing global holocaust. It's not just an
accident, an unfortunate side-effect or something. Life is cheap. But
life is not cheap - as Fritz said, even one is too many. Life is
sacred, all life is sacred.

We need a little more focus on these issues.

In this context especially, the disgraceful use of the Jewish
Holocaust by colonial Israel and its US lobby as a taboo, as a weapon
to silence its critics and as a cover-up of a major ongoing atrocity
simply has to stop.

It's happening now, at last. Just from today, eg.:

Dissenting at your own risk, Cecilie Surasky (of Oakland-based Jewish
Voice for Peace), 10/04/07 "ICH "

"Last year, I agreed to speak to a Jewish youth group about my
organization, Jewish Voice for Peace, and our opposition to Israel's
occupation. My talk was to follow one from a member of the American
Israel Public Affairs Committee, which calls itself "America's
pro-Israel Lobby."

"A week before, a shaken program leader said the AIPAC staffer had
threatened to get the entire youth program's funding canceled if I
was allowed in the door. The threat worked, and in disgust, they
canceled the whole talk. ... "

See MuzzleWatch - "Tracking efforts to stifle open debate about
US-Israeli foreign policy":
http://www.muzzlewatch.org/

"Archbishop Tutu barred by U. of St Thomas because of criticism of
Israel". Desmond Tutu is an anti-Semite??? That's what they say. LOL!
Okay, so it's not funny. But you might as well say he's a white
supremicist, that'd be just as insane.

Two Knights and a Dragon, Uri Avnery (head of the Israeli peace
movement "Gush Shalom") 10/04/07 "ICH"

These are good articles, I'll post them both separately.

>I guess I confused the issues and responded to youse guys, and not
>to those that exploit information whenever antisemitism appears in
>order to cut the hatred and cool those people down.
>I'm sorry for the confusion, I caused.

It's okay, all is well.

All best

Keith