Hi.

On 22.08.2012 14:39, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
As i understand it correctly, you have Quagga at one end and BIRD
on the other? AFAIK there is some problem related to unnumbered
ptp links in Quagga which causes incompatibility with BIRD,
Joakim Tjernlund has some patches for that for Quagga.
As far as I understand unnumbered interfaces are those that have something like this

interface Loopback0
ip address 1.1.1.1/255.255.255.255
!
interface Tunnel0
ip unnumbered Loopback0

And I have no knowledge about quagga possibilities here, and no such configuration in my quagga too.

I guess that changing IP addresses on PTP link to a proper prefix (i.e.
172.16.3.132/30) may help.
Excuse me, but why do you consider /32 prefix as improper ? It seems to be correct for a pointopoint link. Furthrermore, /30 for a pointopoint subnetting wastes exactly one half of IP adddresses, of course in my case they are private, but still. Anyway, I tried to set /31 on the bird side, it didn't help too.

I should say that regardless to that, quagga still can interoperate with a cisco ipinip/gre tunnel configured on the cisco side as /30 or /31, while quagga configured as /32 on the interface itself and as /31 in the area configuration.
  Also it would be a good idea to check whether
both sides use the iface in the same mode (broadcast/ptp/ptmp/nbma), but
this is relevant only on ifaces with proper IP prefix, with current
addresses broadcast and NBMA cannot be used, so it is probably OK.
Yes, they are both in the pointtopoint mode.

Thanks.
Eugene.