Just a follow-up to the report by Tom Hince of a White-winged Crossbill
today at Point Pelee.

I don't think Tom is aware of this, but on May 27 a pair of White-winged
Crossbills (male + female) was observed feeding on the lawn beside the
train stop at the Visitor Centre (Kenneth A. Clarke).

There were no Point Pelee winter reports, and this was our only so-called
"spring" sighting.  Also, since I have not heard of any other sightings
from anywhere in southern Ontario this season (south of Algonquin Park),
I strongly suspect that these birds could be nesting at Point Pelee.
When nesting the species can be extremely inconspicuous, so its not
unexpected that there have been no other sightings.

Alan Wormington,
Leamington

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!