Hi Birders,

Just a quick note about some decent backyard birding in Richmond Hill
yesterday (Sat Mar 23).  At my niger seed feeders I had 60+ Redpolls
yesterday, included in there were 2 exilipes Hoary Redpolls and 1
hornemanni Hoary Redpoll - a nice Spring present in the lingering snow.

Also, flying over, was one of our local Common Ravens - I hadn't seen one
of them in at least 3 months, but I do tend to see 1-3 of them every month
or two around here on the Oak Ridges moraine.

A really nice added bonus, and quite a surprise (though not the first time
at my feeders) was a Virginia Opossum that posed nicely for pictures while
my daughters looked on.  The surprising thing was that this was a daytime
visit, the last couple of times (last year) were at night.

Cheers & good birding,
Frank Pinilla
Richmond Hill, ON

My place is on Miles Hill Crescent, in the area of Yonge Street &
Stouffville Road, which sits atop the moraine here in north Richmond Hill.
 We back on to some conservation land and the Oak Ridges trail runs through
this area - we also have one of the kettle lakes (Phillips Lake) out back.