1. Claiming that something that isn't activated (unusable) isn't used as a
non-argument

2. Talking about activation methods is orthogonal.  Bip8 is fine.

3. Covenants allow trustless utxos sharing and also are needed for
vaulting.  The numerous use cases are documented, built out and on signet
to my knowledge.  Check out utxos.org for a good list

3. No need to discuss wild extremes that are unrelated to ctvs well
documented utility.  Plus multi-sig allows governments to encumber (or
accidentally ruin) destination addresses just like covenants.

4. "Best tool for the job" is not the bar. "Safe for all" and "useful for
some" is the bar. Like any opcodes or tech Bitcoin has deployed in the
past.  Changing the bar is not up for discussion.

CTV has already been demonstrated "useful for some".  The question that
needs to be answered is whether there are any specific objections to safety.