Yes, exactly. That's the point. As you well know I think the whole
soft-fork mechanism is wrong and should not be used. If the rules change,
your node is *supposed* to end up on a chain fork and trigger an alert to
you, that's pretty much the whole purpose of Bitcoin's design. Undermining
that security model is problematic.