On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 04:58:01PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Signing a payment request for an individual is easy, anyway, depending on
> the kind of ID you want. If you want to sign with an email address, just go
> here with a browser like Chrome/Safari/IE that uses the system keystore:
>
>    http://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/free-email-certificate.php

Ok, cool, I wasn't aware of such services, and I can certainly see
they could be useful.  But it's not that great for the business card
scenario.

As far as I can see, using it in that scenario would have to rely on
the payer scanning the QR code on the business card, and then check
that the email address displayed by their wallet matched the email
address printed on the business card.

roy