The BIP70 is very brief on what a PaymentACK is supposed to mean. Quote:

"it [PaymentACK] is sent from the merchant's server to the bitcoin
wallet in response to a Payment message"

Does it simply mean we received a syntactically correct Payment message?
Does it mean the Payment is valid?
Does it mean the Payment is valid and confirmed?
How long can we delay the ack until all conditions for payment are met?
I assume its not a good idea to keep the HTTP (or Bluetooth, for that
matter) connection open for an hour while waiting for a blockchain
confirmation.