True, that would work, but still how are you going to bootstrap the trust?
TREZOR is well known, but in a future where there could be 100 different
companies trying to release a similar product to TREZOR it seems like one
company could corner the market by being the only one that is an accepted
instant provider at most vendors. It seems to encourage monopoly unless
there is a standard way to bootstrap trust in your signature.