Ok, addressed these (and a few other things) in
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/117:
* Better names for the rules.
* Clarify interaction of BIP62 with P2SH.
* Clarify that known hashtypes are required, despite not being part of DER.
* Use v2 transactions instead of v3 transactions.
* Apply the optional rules only to strict v2, and not higher or lower.