On Feb 12, 2015, at 9:16 AM, Alex Mizrahi <alex.mizr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why don't you use getrawmempool RPC call to synchronize mempool contents?

Since RPC interface does not scale to serve a multi user service.
In absence of better alternative, the interfaces used by a proprietary
extension are usually the same as in P2P consensus.

POW is used to figure the longest chain and until now broadcasted transactions
were assumed the one and only.
These simple rules ensure a consensus between the proprietary stack and the
border router, and that is the consensus I referred to.

On Feb 12, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Peter Todd <p...@petertodd.org> wrote:
> IOW, assume every transaction your "border router" gives you is now the
> one and only true transaction, and everything conflicting with it must
> go.

You are right that the assumption about the one and only transaction have to be
relaxed. Broadcasting
double spend only if it is actually replacing an earlier - for whatever reason,
would simplify internal consensus logic .

Tamas Blummer
Bits of Proof