08.05.2015 at 5:49 Jeff Garzik wrote:
> To repeat, the very first point in my email reply was: "Agree that 7 tps
> is too low"

For interbank trading that would maybe enough but I don't know.

I'm not a developer but as a (former) user and computer scientist I'm
also asking myself what is the core of the problem? Personally, for
privacy reasons I do not want to leave a footprint in the blockchain for
each pizza. And why should this expense be good for trivial things of
everyday life?

If one encounters the block boundary, he or she will do more effort or
give up. I'm thinking most people will give up because their
transactions are not really economical. It is much better for them to
use third-partys (or another payment system).

And that's where we are at the heart of the problem. The Bitcoin
third-party economy. With few exceptions this is pure horror. More worse
than any used car dealer. And the community just waits that things get
better. But that will never happen of its own accord. We are living in a
Wild West Town. So we need a Sheriff and many other things.

We need a small but good functioning economy around the blockchain. To
create one, we have to accept a few unpleasant truths. I do not know if
the community is ready for it.

Nevertheless, I know that some companies do a good job. But they have to
prevail against their dishonest competitors.

People take advantage of the blockchain, because they no longer trust
anyone. But this will not scale in the long run.

- oliver