> The new list currently has footers removed during testing.  I am not
> pleased with the need to remove the subject tag and footer to be more
> compatible with DKIM users.

Lists can do what are effectively MITM attacks on people's messages in any
way they like, if they resign for the messages themselves. That seems fair
to me!  :)

>  I'm guessing DKIM enforcement is not very common because of issues like
> this?

DKIM is used by most mail on the internet. DMARC rules that publish in DNS
statements like "All mail from bitpay.com is signed correctly so trash any
that isn't" are used on some of the worlds most heavily phished domains
like google.com, PayPal, eBay, and indeed BitPay.

These rules are understood and enforced by all major webmail providers
including Gmail. It's actually only rusty geek infrastructure that has
problems with this, I've never heard of DKIM/DMARC users having issues
outside of dealing with mailman. The vast majority of email users who never
post to technical mailing lists benefit from it significantly.

Really everyone should use them. Adding cryptographic integrity to email is
hardly a crazy idea :)

> It seems that Sourceforge silently drops DKIM enforced mail like jgarzik's.

It's not SourceForge, it's your spam filter. His mail gets through to me
but it's all in the spam folder.