Hi

I don't think that a transaction with nLockTime>0 will be accepted by
nodes / relayed in the Bitcoin network, until its time expires (e.g.
nLockTime==now). This means it obviously cannot be stored in a block,
before its locktime expires. nLockTime is designed in a way that you,
need to keep it offline (not broadcast it to the network because it
won't be accepted or relayed by nodes) until the locktime expires, then
you can broadcast it and it will be mined and included in a block, like
a normal tx.

This is exactly why Peter Todd and others are working on
CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and RELATIVE CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY - this is an
enhancement to basic nLockTime which tends to offer to users the
guarantee that if you have a transaction with nLockTime, the signer
holding the private keys used to sign it cannot sign another one, with
nLockTime 0 and broadcast it before the locktime for your tx expires.

Cheers!