Oneta,
If you go to the list archives, Carol posted a wonderfully complete article on the subject just a week or so ago, called Basic-H 101 which includes rescue treatment for desperately infested animals. I used nothing else whatever, just 1/3 cup Basic-H in drinking water for 4 days. It must be the ONLY source of drinking water including wet, succulent grass. I might add that the rams are in a small paddock with no way to rotate them to clean ground, so it's my pristine management practices (tongue-in-cheek) that have him slick as a whistle either.

I treated the horses at the same time, same deal (Joel Salatin recommends 1/2 cup in 50 gal of water for 3 days minimum for cattle - I went with the sheep formula). Will do a home fecal on them tomorrow.

Basic-H is only sold through Shaklee distributors, and you can easily buy it on line. Just search for Shaklee, and make your selections. It is not cheap, running about $40/gallon (what did you pay for your last quart of ivomec!), but it is also a fabulous, non-toxic household cleaner that is ultra-ultra concentrated.

The other thing it's good for is keeping skeeters out of the stock water tanks. A dollop in the water breaks the surface tension so the larvae can't hang at the surface to breathe. Takes very little in a large stock tank.

Barb