I choose to raise my small flock ( less than 20 ) naturally. I do not use
chemical wormers. I do not vaccinate. It is a closed flock, no outside animals
are brought in. I am on my fifth year of raising sheep this way and have not
lost an animal to disease.
Blackbellies have the reputation of being one of the hardiest of the breeds. I
live in southern Oregon where the weather is extreme- freezing temps/ snow in
winter to 100+ temp and dry in summer. Tons of rain, mud, mosquitos, etc. The
animals take all the extremes in stride. Icicles on their hair in the winter,
digging holes in the dirt to keep cool in summer. Amazing animals to watch.
Just make sure that your wormer choice is labeled for use in sheep. Not all
wormers labeled for use in livestock are meant for all types of livestock. Also
the dosage is usually based on weight of the animal so you have to have some
idea of what they weigh.
If you search the archives you will find lots of info on alternative worming
methods. There are a lot of people in this group interested in a natural
approach and have great suggestions.

Dayna