I am wondering if anyone has any input on this, or possibly experience this
themselves.  One of our ewes, just over a year old, is obviously in
discomfort and has some type of problem.  She starts moaning and sometimes
this escalates to an open-mouth almost scream, for lack of a better
description.  She is pushing hard while this is happening, sometimes it is
very hard where it looks like she is starting the beginning of prolapse -
very edge of uterus seems to be edging through the opening, then when she
stops pushing it goes back in.  I don't know if she is pregnant, though if
she is, she would not be very far along.  She is eating well and drinking.
She squats to urinate and seems to have trouble getting anything to come
out.  I did see her yesterday squat and a steady stream of urine came out
for several seconds.  This morning, she squatted several times, walking a
few steps in between attempts, but I didn't see any urination.  Her stool
almost looks like that of a cat - kind of ropey, not really bean-like  in
appearance.

Yesterday, I gave her Pencillin G - IM - and also a dose of Pepto-Bismol.
This morning I don't really see any change.  Is it possible she is trying to
pass a kidney stone?  If anyone has any ideas, I would be happy for any
feedback.  This problem has been going on for about a week now, though it
has gotten worse over the last several days.

Thanks.