I did a google search to confirm my original suspicions. It appears that your problems are indeed related. The Merck Manual lists joint ill also in sheep and caused by Erysipelis (sp.) Again, theis sounds very much like a staph infection. I still would use Baytril and Pennicillin. Chlamydia is supposed to be killed with tetracycline, but if it is campylobacter then you need to use all three. Campylobacter has many diferent strains. A joint type infection is usually staph very similar to Arthritis. All of these problems can come from an untreated umbilical cord. The bacterin gets in the soil in the pens. One method states to burn a bale of hay on the area to kill the bacterin.
Cecil in OKla