hello everyone!

I returned home Saturday morning after completing a 14,000 mile trip
which included the longest transport I have aver done - 2871 highway
miles from Santa Cruz CA to south central VA! - about 30 animals, 6
humans, and three vehicles made the trip caravan style in 5 days and a
few hours - all the animals traveled fine, the five inexperienced long
distance travelers are now experienced, and the process of moving
animals and humans into a new country home has begun - it was a
thrilling experience to see these five people develop a choreographed
procedure for feeding and watering on the road - stops were efficient
and each animal was given the opportunity for one on one 'stress' relief
counseling - the animals arrived stress free but I cannot say the same
for all the humans! - I doubt they will ever undertake this type of
adventure again but if they do I will be honored to travel with them
again!

I am attempting to put together a mid JUL/AUG trip - at this time I hope
to have a west coast loop and possibly even more if the need arises - if
you have animals needing to go anywhere please get with me with pick up
city/state, drop off city/state, and a description of the animals ASAP -
I will see what I can do

the price of gasoline has forced me to take a new approach in scheduling
- in the past I have started trips knowing that I did not have enough
riders to cover my expenses but I expected last minute additions to make
the difference - it now costs me $300+ per DAY just for gasoline so I
cannot start a trip until I have confirmed reservations to at least
cover my out of pocket daily expenses

for those of you thinking that gas prices are going to go down and
transportation will be cheaper in the future FORGET IT! - transportation
is now a major portion of your investment in the next generation of your
herd genetics - buying your breeding stock now means you are planning
for what you are going to have to sell a year from now!
--
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT MESSAGES BELOW!!

questions?

Ron - private email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-

1 - ALL livestock crossing a state line REQUIRES a minimum vet
inspection certificate - it may be as simple as a certificate
and rabies tag for dogs or as complex as several blood tests
for other species - I WILL NOT TRANSPORT animals that do not
meet the minimum requirements - go to the IMPORT web site
below to find out what is required for the destination state
of your animals - then have your vet double check with the
destination state state vet office far enough in advance to have
time to complete blood test requirements - ANIMAL IMPORT info at
http://w w w.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs

2 - when I am on the road I DO NOT access my home email -
email sent to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] address will NOT be
viewed until I return home - if I do not answer your
email within 24 hours assume I am on the road - in that
case contact me through the Yahoo Travel group - the
same applies to my telephone voice recorder at 512.259.5098

3 - if you anticipate using my transport service
you need to join the TravelWithRonK group below immediately!

    by joining Yahoo at

    or by email only (not required to join Yahoo)

       Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--

            Travel with Confidence with TravelWithRonK!
                   see pictures of my rig at

                   ron keener near Austin, Texas
                    http://TravelWithRonK.com