My ram is ferocious, but really in a predator situation, all evacuate. What has
protected my sheep this year is the ponies. This has not been ideal. Some of
the ponies enjoyed chasing the sheep and I had some lameness. Donkeys will
sometimes do this too. Finally I put an escape route - a paster with a raised
fence the sheep can go under to get away from the ponies.

Wish the ponies could have protected my ducks...Now my ducks are locked in a
dog kennel at night.

I have friends with Great Pyrenese and Llamas. Honestly... I can't imagine my
sheep tolerating a big white dog, but perhaps a llama.

And I LOVE blueberries!

Tracy Wessel
Wessel Farm (Blackbelly sheep, Welsh Harlequin Ducks, various chickens and fine
Belgian Shepherds)
http://tracywessel.com/sheep/2008_sheep.htm

I have read that donkeys, llamas, and Great Pyrenees dogs are good at
protecting the sheep.

What are your experiences with any of these?

Is an adult ram a good protector?  I have a young ram (about 10 months)
in with the flock where the ewe was killed and adult ram with the other
flock.

Your advice in dealing with coyotes and guardian animals or other
protection methods will be most apprciated.

Eat more blueberries!