to admin:

I read your response to my orgiinal post request.
there were no photos or attachments.  only a URL to a website that
shows photos that is not associated with this listserv. If that is OK,
then hopefully you can post my message.

I believe the gist of the message will be lost trying to describe the
problem if I do not point people to some pictures.

here is the original post in plaintext if you can use it:

I am new to sheep, and building up my flock. Have had no lambs yet and
am just starting to breed my ram with young ewes. A day after putting
one of the new ewes I bought recently in with our ram, her scent
glands in front of her eyes appear to be running a bit. We believe her
to be about 7 months old and possibly in her first heat.

Please take a look at these pictures. The black-looking pointy, sticky
hair in front of her eyes is very unusual for her:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwsmotorsports/Beatrice_blackbelly_ewe112908802PM#

I am wondering if it's a natural reaction to being in heat, or if
she's got an eye infection? Her eyes otherwise look good and are not
watering or inflamed.

-Michael