I would definitely recommend Blackbellies for new sheep owners. I am sure there are some in Alberta, look a the breeder list, or do a google search for Blackbellies or Barbado or Barbadoes or Hair sheep, would be my suggestion. Welcome to the list...

Cecil in OKla

Candy Bauer wrote:
I have been looking at different types of sheep to raise on my
acerage. I have fallen for black belly sheep and would like to ask
some advice.
Since I have never raised sheep before my first question is should I
start out with black belly sheep? Are they an easy breed to learn
with?
Also where can I find black belly sheep in Alberta Canada? Are there
many in Alberta?

Thanks