The Lambs have been in a 10'x20' horse stall all their life. This
weekend I let them out for the first time ever, and you can see how
the bottle-feeding pays off:

http://web.me.com/mwsmith100/Site_2/LambsFirstOuting.html

there's a coupla movies, be sure to check them out.

BTW: they and the goats go back in at night and get locked up, to
prevent predation of the little ones.

news of Bam Bam:  He still has diarrhea (for 3.5 days now), It's a mix
of clear mucous and some solids, plus undigested alfalfa. Some of it
is black, denoting the Pepto.  He is now having about 4cc Pepto Bismol
with every meal. (yes, we looked it up), and a coupla times a day,
about 3cc guava juice. It has improved his appetite to the point he is
voluntarily drinking today and also, punched under my face for a
nipple this evening which he normally does not do when he's feeling
crappy. Normally, we have to open his mouth and carefully squirt milk
in, like meds--we got tired of tubing him and had one near-aspiration
scare. Working dilgently to get a good 10oz in him for the last coupla
days, after some frusttrating days where he would barely do 8oz, has
paid off. Now 10oz was not difficult today. We know we need to get him
up to more like 14oz for a 4.5 lb lamb. I also need to re-weigh him.
He seems to be growing taller, his teeth are fully out of his gums
now, but is still rail-thin. Since he's still excreting water, and not
eating as well as he really should, I am giving him 20cc sub-Q and
1/2cc B-vit at night, until his scours stops.

Other good news: his temp popped up above 100 today for the first time
in a week or more. 101.7F !! This means he's taking in calories and
also does not spend them trying to stay warm. It has been as low as
93.7, one morning, even under a heat lamp in his outdoor incubator.
That is what scared me into listening to you folks and taking him
inside. His indoor incubator is working well, and for the last two
sunny days in Northern California, we have been letting him go out
into the stall while the girls play in the pasture, so he can walk
about, lay in the warm sun and talk with them thru the cage. We can't
let him out with them, since they accidentally trample him and could
seriously injure him. His strength and reflexes are not there, and
when they suddenly get up or decide to run, they assume everyone can
take care of themselves. Also, the goats would butt him.

_MWS