I am from an area that is going through a sever drought. I have been supplementing with fees since I started and have also been feeding hay. I have been feeding a 16% protein pellet mixed with some sweet feed. Lately, I have been toying with the idea of putting the protien pellets in a bulk feeder and let them eat what they want. My concern deals with the repercusions. Has any one tried this? Do I run the risk of listing my entire herd? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Curtis