the basic configuration that I have seen at many locations is a 10-12
foot wide corridor with a series of gates forming small pens so that you
can move and sort - a small pen or two off to the side lets you
segregate temporarily

when I was raising goats I had a corridor between the doe and buck
paddocks - at breeding time I opened the gate on the doe end - any doe
that walked the 150 feet to stand at the buck gate to flag was ready to
breed - I shut the doe gate and then selected the buck I wanted for
breeding - put him in the corridor with the doe - I always knew when a
doe was bred and to who (except in the case of one buck who learned to
breed THROUGH the fence - but he was my prize buck so I was not too
disappointed!)

--

questions?

Ron and Corgi co-pilots Tina and Jeremy (AKC)
operating from a base near Austin TX

private email at rkee...@realtime.net
web site at http://TravelWithRonK.com

TravelWithRonK is dedicated to coast to coast transport of
small quantities of small livestock with more than
2500 animals transported in 8 years of service