hello everyone!

I just got home a few minutes ago from an emergency TN to TX transport -
a spousal abuse situation required that a young mother with four
children move to TX to be under the protection of relatives - 30 milk
sheep and goats, about 40 egg laying ducks, some guinea fowl, a Pyrenees
dog, and lots of livestock pans/supplies etc. were delivered to their
new home at sunset yesterday - donations from a whole bunch of you paid
for the U-Haul box truck and driver to get a lot of the family
necessities to TX, a U-Haul trailer attached to the family SUV for
critical necessities, gas for both of these plus gas for my tow vehicle
- I donated my equipment and time for the transport - the mother and
kids were delayed in TN by some last minute legal paperwork but
hopefully they are on the road westbound by now

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED TO THE CAUSE AND TO THOSE WHO
GAVE MORAL SUPPORT TO THIS EFFORT! - IT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT!

SEP - there is a possibility that I will need to make an unplanned cross
country trip to move some animals that have time constraints on their
transports - if so the route would be:

Austin TX to SC empty
South Carolina to Sioux Falls, South Dakota
SD to OR empty
OR to CO to Del Rio TX
Del Rio to Austin TX empty

if you have anything that could be moved along that general route on
short notice please get back to me at rkee...@realtime.net ASAP!

OCT/NOV - it appears that the scheduled trip will begin with a clockwise
loop of the west coast starting from TX - then a cross country run from
OR/WA to New England along the northern route followed by a clockwise
loop of the east coast ending in TX - if you have animals needing to
move along that general route including a possible second west coast
loop get back to me at rkee...@realtime.net ASAP!

before I left for the TN trip I had had 11 1/2 inches of rain in 10 days
at my central TX location - I have not checked the gauge since I got
home - so part of the central TX drought zone did get a lot of rain but
it came way to fast - that is good for the very depleted highland lakes
of central TX but not so good for the farmers and ranchers who needed a
soaking rain - hopefully a lot of water made it into the drinking water
aquifers - nearly every well in my neighborhood has been pulled this
summer in order to drop the pumps deeper into the wells - I am running
my well at 480 feet with a timer to restrict pumping - I pump 30 seconds
every 10 minutes to feed 1-2 gallon into my surface tank - before the
rains I could pump my well dry in less than a minute!

--

questions?

Ron and Corgi co-pilots Tina and Jeremy (AKC)
operating from a base near Austin TX

private email at rkee...@realtime.net
web site at http://TravelWithRonK.com

TravelWithRonK is dedicated to coast to coast transport of
small quantities of small livestock with nearly
3000 animals transported in 10 years of service