Rick, you're right about no one getting hurt, for sure.

Your system would work well for me if I wanted lambs every year, and
if I was raising them for meat, I totally agree. In that case I would
only need one sire. I'm doing this more for the pasture grazing I
need, and to raise a flock of a certain number and keep it that way.
Maybe selling off a couple here and there and occasionally breeding
for certain cool traits I am trying to encourage.  Meanwhile, I am
keeping a few good-looking sires around for various traits and
diversity. Marley for his horns and size, Verne for his strong
markings, and Ziggy, who is Marley's son, but Verne's brother (I have
Verne's mother as well, who also has what I think are great markings).
Ziggy's an example of what happens when both families mate.

_Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.