Liz:
Yes, our lambs were diagnosed with polioencephalomalacia.  How was that
determined?  We have a really great large animal vet that actually knows
something about sheep.  He diagnosed it in two minutes.
In Canada we do not get all those fancy compliments that you guys have there,
and it seems that sheep are always third down the list after beef and beef.
There is little for resources or information.  So, I have never seen or heard
of Diamond V.  Our sheep do get a loose mineral but there are not vitamins in
it.  I was feeding the molasses mineral blocks but they have skyrocketed in
price and I can hardly justify it.  The Vitamin B is really cheap, so we will
continue with that anyhow.

Carla

Carla Amonson
In what you say of another,
apply the test of
kindness, necessity and truth,
and let nothing pass your lips
without a 2/3 majority.
~Liz Armbruster

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine that it was a vit B deficiency?
I reread your post, I guess that your lambs succombed
to polyencephalomalacia, due to heavy grain cunsumption?
I always add Diamond V yeast as a top dressing for my alpacas and goats for the
B vitamins, to feed their rumens.
Liz Radi