placenta was passed. it was a big, single baby. I did go in and look
just now, and she's now starting to squat for him, but still won't
hold still, so I know the instinct is there.

She "could" be feeding him while we are not there, but every time I
sneak up on them, she's already moving in circles around him as I
approach. She is also our most tame ewe, and was not freaked out when
I handed her her wet baby last night. Otherwise, she was just standing
there, in shock, 8 feet away from him, and ignoring his cries for more
than 5 minutes. When I handed him to her, she sniffed and instantly
knew it was hers, and started cleaning him.

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.