From: "Jerry" <blueberryf...@bellsouth.net>
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:17:39 PM
Subject: [Blackbelly] lamb disappeared

A 2 day old ABB lamb, one of a twin pair, has disappeared.  There is no sign
of intruders, no hair, no bones, no evidence.

We do have coyotes, hawks, owls, and buzzards here, but no panthers and no
eagles nearby,   This lamb was in a small flock in a 2 acre paddock
completely enclosed with a good 4 foot hog wire fence.  Our guard dog was
with the main flock in another pasture.  I'm guessing the lamb weighed about
3 lbs, could be a little less; it was the smaller of the twins.

Have any of you had that experience?  Do you know what manner of critter can
either totally consume such a lamb or remove it out of the paddock without a
trace?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry Kirby
Windmill Farms LLC