Good video Michael.  The video shows just how powerful rams really are.
Also shows why I refuse to keep any ram whose sole purpose in life is to
kill me!

I am not sure if everybody saw the video correctly but the third ram that
joined in was acting as peace maker.  He was not being aggressive.  I do not
know what transpired between the two aggressive rams but the third one was
convinced that the one in the corner started it and needed to just stop.  If
the third ram was backing off as far as the aggressive ram and hitting
equally hard then they have created an alliance.  The two on one scenario is
almost always against a dominant ram that the other two cannot beat
individually.  I have only had that two on one situation once.  I eliminated
one of the two teamed up rams and the whole group of rams was better for it.

I run a large bunch of rams together which currently is around 20 rams.
They are the most enjoyable group of sheep I have.  They come up to say hi
and get a good rub (anywhere but the head).  I do not worry about being hit.
I am able to walk anywhere with them without a stick or fear of getting hit.
If anyone tries to hurt me they go to the freezer without appeal.  I have
senior, junior and freshman (lambs) in my group.  There is a pecking order
which continually changes.  There is a ram code of ethics in this bachelor
group.  The occasional very hard head butt is something they like to savor.
They will hit and stand next to each other and you can just see them
thinking "Man that was a good one!".  Then they look at each other and do it
again.  But even though they are hitting hard it is just recreation and
always head to head.  There will be no peace maker involved in this
situation.  A cheap shot (and deadly kill hit) is a hit to the ribs.  This
violates the rams code of ethics.  Any ram in my group that does this will
immediately be put in his place by the entire group of rams.  No hitting the
ribs is a "ram law".  It is very common for the peace maker ram to step
between rams that are fighting exposing his ribs to both aggressor rams.
The aggressors will try to go around him but the peace maker will just keep
spoiling the fight till it stops.  Or like in the video the peace maker
makes it to difficult for the ram that usually started the fight to continue
to fight.  Just like us humans there are some rams that have no code of
ethics.  If you have a ram that T-bones others in the ribs put them in the
freezer (they taste just fine).

OK.... you introduce ewes and there are no more rules.  Rams will fight and
possibly to the death.  There should be no common fence between them or you
will not have a fence anymore.  If you get into a pen you must keep an eye
on the ram.  They are not your friend until the girls are gone and they are
back home in their bachelor group.

Good video.

Mark Wintermute