From: Rick Krach <rickkr...@hotmail.com>
To: blackbelly Blackbelly List <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 11:17 pm
Subject: [Blackbelly] Barn siding/building material

David, I have corrugated steel siding on my current, antique barn and it is all smashed in.  I have no steel rails, however.  Nearly 100% of all barns are made of wood; I've never seen anything else, and that's why I'm asking what most of you do about rams butting into your walls and wearing them down.  Any more suggestions?  I can imagine the lower 3 feet made with cement blocks, but I don't think that'll look good and I've seen no barns like that either.  My barn was originally build with the beautiful, inch thick barn-wood planks which were replaced with corrugated steel as they wore out.  Now the steel panels are smashed, too.

Rick Krach
in Auburn, CA

Message: 1