Ciprian,

thanks a lot for your information! Together with the trick from Chuck in
the forum I've been able to get my mouse doing what **I** wanted to do
:-}.  Actually I'm using a Logitech trackball, and turning the ball 10
times to reach the other end of the screen is a hassle. But now I can use
it like in the W2K environment - smooth as silk.

However, I have to be honest: it took a while to figure out how to set the command.
xset m 6 10 was the final solution, after trying xset m accel_mult=6 thr=10 ... still
learning
by doing ;-}

This Blackbox desktop is really something smokin' - the perfect environment for my
'old'
300 MHz laptop.

jens g.r. benthien
designer