Ken Moffat wrote:

LOL. It never ceases to surprise me what people have built LFS/BLFS on
- mostly we only ever hear about problems. I hope you're going to keep
notes (necessary variations or patches, if any, SBU timings, and space)
for whatever parts of BLFS you put on it, so that it can be included in
the "supported" arches for BLFS.

I will do my best. I already have the 390 hint that I plan on updating. The current hint was written for LFS-5. Basically, I'm getting very similar results for the install. One new item is the coreutils patch for uname causes ASM errors. But then, the patch only has something to do with lintel boxes and not os390 but I still want to figure out the problem.

As for SBUs, the os390 machine I am using is running under VM (virtual machine) This VM is controlling about 30 to 40 VM machines of which my Linux is one. The load of the other machine will effect how my Linux machine performs. Therefore, late at night I will get better performance that during the day. In this type of environment, I do not think SBUs would be of much help.

John