Randy McMurchy wrote:

I've not heard back from Matt yet

I sent a reply to blfs-dev about 10 minutes after your OP. Admittedly this was via the news server which has been having problems recently so the news->mail gateway may well have eaten the message - indeed, the mail archives show that message never got through to the list. I've appended it below.

Regards,

Matt.

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> 1. The 4.4 DTD renders the BLFS book just fine. I've been using it
> for a month with no issues I can notice.

Yep, the DTD shouldn't affect rendering at all - it simply states what elements are allowed within other elements, and what general type of content they can contain is. i.e. it's only going to cause problems when validating the sources against the DTD using something like `xmllint'.

Having said that, the 4.x series are well into maintenance mode now, and won't contain any backward incompatible changes so your 4.3 Docbook sources will be compatible with the 4.4 DTD too without changes.

> 2. Belgarath has the 4.4 DTD installed.

Yes, it has.

> 3. The LFS book is using the 4.4 DTD in current SVN trunk sources.

Yes, it is.

Regards,

Matt.