Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 04/22/05 13:27 CST:

> The zone IDREFS 'fam' and 'libfam' define the area that the index entry
> refers to.  Since all the index entries on the page have 'fam' as the
> first IDREF in the zone, all the index entries have links to the top of
> the page.  I do not see what the 2nd entry does for us.  I am wondering
> if we should just reference the specific point ('libfam') and have the
> index link point to that section of the book.

Thanks for the explanation. It is done this way so the Index can
show what package the entry comes from and then a pointer straight
to that section of the package instructions.

If we don't want to identify what package it is from in the Index,
then yes, we could drop it, but to me, it is valuable information,
at very little cost.

--
Randy

13:41:00 up 20 days, 13:14, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.04