On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:57:25AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Then, after it was decided to separate root and unprivileged user
> commands, the decision, *after much discussion*, was to simply insert
> the one line "Now, as the root user", where appropriate.
>
> Now, considering this, how is it that the first line "is actually
> wrong"?

CC'ing -dev

Poor choice of words on my part, undoubtedly. ;) But I'll try to
reiterate, (and for those new to the thread I'll repost with main area
of confusion).

>From the postfix page:

----
Install Postfix by running the following commands:

make

Now, as the root user:

<..>
----

In text mode this is much less confusing, but in the book where each
grey box of commands appears isolated from other commands, it looks like
we are installing with the make command. It might be more clear to say:

Compile <package-name> by running the following commands:

make

Now, as the root user, install <package-name> with the following
commands:

<..>

--
Archaic