--- Em sex, 16/11/12, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:

> De: Bruce Dubbs
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-dev] OT - Hardware Problems again, but perhaps solved
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Sexta-feira, 16 de Novembro de 2012, 19:14
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

Above, s/500MB/500G/.

[...]

> is now backup [...] a USB HD, with
> > the help of an adaptor.

s/adaptor/adapter/

> > Karma?
>
> Perhaps.  I don't know what would cause a problem with
> a cable.  The
> only things I can think of are heat, vibration, or poor
> construction.
> Unless you are in an unusual environment, I'd think of poor
> construction
> as the most likely cause.

Poor construction, in any case, here.

In this last failure, I think it was human error introduced either by
the service technician who replaced all older HD cables, or by me when
disconnected the cable yesterday. In this latter case,  the problem is
still there (motherboard, I think), but it is not triggered, for that
socket/bus is not being accessed anymore. I say this, because
coincidentally this failure was with the "good" HD, but the repairman
switched the HD's position, and the "bad" HD is now the one working,
however in the slot that had the "good" one before.

I leave it as is, hoping better, this time.

[]s,
Fernando