On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 08:17:50PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> >   For anyone who wasn't aware of this vulnerability (I suspect that
> > in this case I'm behind the curve, and you've probably all already
> > fixed your own affected systems), 3.2.12.1 builds with the current
> > instructions, and links to the book's current version of p11-kit.
> > The timings for make check and for rebuilding the docs are, however,
> > quite different on my machine.  I'll put it in the book when svn is
> > open,
>
> The book is released.  svn is open now.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Thanks.

> and then do a chroot gnome build to try to spot anything which
> > fails to build.

 Started a few minutes ago.  Unfortunately, gnutls is near the end
of those desktop  builds on which I use it (gnome, or normal+xfce),
so it is going to take some time.  At least I've got through gcc
pass 1 with make -j4.

 This makes me understand why debian stable updates take so long :
test everything, get ready, get hit by a new vulnerability, rebuild
everything.  At least the BLFS book, and my own builds using gnutls,
don't have so many packages as debian.

BTW I haven't seen a release announcemnt yet, so I'll take this
opportunity to thank you for all the work you've put into 7.5.

ĸen