Hi all...

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be setting up a wireless (802.11g)
network at home to allow a number of machines to share a new DSL
connection. In particular, I need to get a wireless card (PCI) for my
LFS desktop, and get it working.

Can anyone offer advice on this? Based on what I've read (and what I can
actually find to buy), I'm probably going to buy something based on an
Atheros chipset, though if anyone has other advice, I'd like to hear
them.

What I'm mainly looking for here though, is what kind of software I need
to install (drivers, tools, etc), and what kind of configuration I need,
both to get it working, and to get it working securely (WEP, WPA, etc).
I don't actually know much about wifi networks, so any good advice is
welcome.

Because the machines aren't currently networked, I'm not running DHCP,
but I believe the router/AP supports it so I can set that up if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Simon.