Randy McMurchy wrote:
> [cc'd to BLFS-Support as it appears it should be directed there]
>
> William Harrington wrote these words on 08/21/05 11:28 CST:
>

>>      Has anyone experienced the problem where the dynamic loader
>>      library is not included in the list of LIBS?
>

> I am not seeing this issue. I am including the entire output from

I built openssh as per BLFS on my gcc4 today.  No problem building it at
all, but the make -k check fails.  This is the configure - I have very
few optional deps configured:

OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /usr/bin
                   System binaries: /usr/sbin
               Configuration files: /etc/ssh
                   Askpass program: /usr/sbin/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /usr/man/catX
                          PID file: /var/run
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/lib/sshd
            sshd default user PATH: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
                    Manpage format: cat
                       PAM support: no
                 KerberosV support: no
                 Smartcard support: no
                     S/KEY support: no
              TCP Wrappers support: no
              MD5 password support: yes
                   libedit support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: yes
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: OpenSSL internal ONLY

              Host: i686-pc-linux-gnu
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized
Preprocessor flags:
      Linker flags:
         Libraries:   -lresolv -lcrypto -lutil -lz -lnsl  -lcrypt

and the error in the tests:

run test reconfigure.sh ...
ok simple connect after reconfigure
run test dynamic-forward.sh ...
skipped (no suitable ProxyCommand found)
run test forwarding.sh ...
ok local and remote forwarding
run test multiplex.sh ...
test connection multiplexing: envpass
test connection multiplexing: transfer
scp: failed copy /bin/ls
cmp: /bsources/openssh-4.1p1/regress/ls.copy: No such file or directory
scp: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
test connection multiplexing: status 0
test connection multiplexing: status 1
test connection multiplexing: status 4
test connection multiplexing: status 5
test connection multiplexing: status 44
Master running (pid=14738)
Exit request sent.
failed connection multiplexing
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make[1]: Target `tests' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/bsources/openssh-4.1p1/regress'
make: *** [tests] Error 2
281.9 Elapsed Time - openssh-4.1p1

However, ssh appears to work fine so far - investigating further.

R.