On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 06:30 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> OK, so now I'm convinced that xdm and gdm aren't as evil as I thought,
> how can I configure them to mock my /bin/login procedure?  Where are the
> config files?

Well, one of the key files for gdm is /etc/gdm/Xsession (assuming built
with --sysconfdir=/etc). Basically, that file gets run on login, and in
turn runs whatever environment you've requested - in my case,
gnome-session.

Looking at the script, it actually does attempt to load some of your
bash settings - specifically, it sources /etc/profile and ~/.profile if
they exist. You might want to have a look at it, work out what you need
to change.

Simon.