On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 06:24:06 -0000
"IraqiGeek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > We have to start BLFS now ... We are in confusion from whr we have
> > to start ..
>
> Where to start with BLFS is totally up to. It depends on what extra
> features you want to have on your LFS box.
>
> > Whether we have to do BLFS on login to LFS or over the host system
> > (Mounting LFS and chrooting it  and working over tht )...
>
> Since LFS has its own development toolchain, I dont see any point in
> working on a chrooted environment over Debian. You can boot LFS, and
> build any extra packages you need right from the LFS system.

However, unless you make notes or print it out or have another system,
you need something to read BLFS with, at least.  I usually build wget
and lynx on the chrooted LFS, so that I can (a) use wget to get
sources, and (b) use lynx to read BLFS (I know that lynx can download
thanks).

Then, for a workstation, I build (on the booted system) in this order to
get xorg up and running: expat, freetype, fontconfig, libpng, xorg.

After that I go for firefox, to read BLFS as rendered as intended, with:
pkg-config,cairo,glib2,pango,atk,libjpeg,libtiff,libIDL,zip,firefox.

I have that much scripted now.  If I was building a server (without
X11) I'd do it completely differently though: make a list of the
services and their dependecies and build those.

R.