On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 09:47 -0600, Dan McGhee wrote:
> Anyway, I thought of using the LiveCD and the LFS chroot environment for
> BLFS until I had enough on the system to divorce from the LiveCD.  I've
> found plenty of info on how to build a livecd from BLFS, but nothing
> going the other way.  Are there any clues, gotchas, caveats, advantages,
> disadvantages or anything else that anyone may want to share?

The only one that immediately comes to mind is that if you're installing
3rd-party drivers, they typically detect the currently running kernel
version in order to determine where to install to
(e.g /lib/modules/2.6.14.5/). If the kernel you're running on the livecd
isn't the same as on the LFS system you've built, this may cause
problems.

Simon.